The kids really love to do art... any kind of art! I also love to do art and having been an art major I would assume that makes sense. :) It seems that the past few months have been so busy that I really haven't had the time to sit and do the art we like to do. Now that the holidays are fast approaching, the kids keep asking for any form of project and I promised them many. I need to keep my promise and jump on this quick... hence, halloween has come and gone.
Pinterest is my favorite. I pin all kinds of things and actually go back and create many of those ideas. It reminds me of when I used to cut up magazines and keep those ideas in binders. This is so much easier though. Our projects tend to be just that.. inspiration. We make up our own ideas, change things, add, take away and just run with it. I love to see what the kids come up with and love what they create. I saw this idea for a leaf project on pinterest but you could totally tell it was an adult or older child who created it. My kids are 4, 5 and 8... I don't think it's going to be so neat. Well to tell you the truth, I was super impressed with they came up with. Their minds think differently than mine and I was proud of what they created. I do have artists on my hands and that's an amazing thing. Creative minds do creative and awesome things in life!
Our leaf animals.
1. Pick leaves of different shapes, colors and sizes.
2. Place them under a big book or hard object and let dry flat. (we dried them overnight)
3. Glue the leaves to a piece of paper and then place a book on top until dried enough.
4. Once dried, use a marker or paint brush to create details.
5. We used googly eyes for the eyes instead of drawing them on.
6. Use pens or markers to create details not on the leaves.
7. Let your imagination run wild. Enjoy.